Look forward to the question: "What did you do this summer?"
ReNUWIt has several openings for paid research internships during Summer 2017. Apply to spend 9-10 weeks this summer on a mentored, independent research project in areas such as:
* Distributed Urban Water Systems * Energy-positive Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery * Direct Potable Reuse * Unit Process Wetlands and Riparian Zones * Smart Managed Aquifer Recharge Technologies * Distributed Stormwater Treatment Unit Processes * Decision Support Tools for Utilities * Visioning, Assessment, and Implementation Tools for Regional and Municipal Planning * Technology Diffusion Pathways *
Please review the Program Details, Program Eligibility, and How to Apply (below) for further information.
- 9 weeks, June-August (exact dates vary by campus)
- Competitive stipend (~$4500; varies by campus) and travel allowance up to $600
- On-campus housing provided
- Work expectation of 40 hrs/week
- 3-day all-REU meeting at Stanford
- Social and professional development events and activities
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (required by NSF)
- Junior or senior as of Fall 2017, graduating no earlier than December 2017
- Attend U.S. college or university; preference to students from primarily undergraduate institutions and non-ReNUWIt campuses
- Students from diverse groups traditionally underrepresented in science and engineering programs are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- Unofficial transcript(s) from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Personal statement (1-2 pages) discussing:
- Your educational background
- Your professional goals
- Why you are interested in the ReNUWIt REU program, and how it may help you attain your professional goals
2. You must also request letters of recommendation from two (2) referees. Your referees may be college professors who know you from classes and/or prior research experiences, current or former bosses, or other individuals who are well-suited to comment on your scholarship and character. Referees should upload letters on your behalf (http://ow.ly/3FLl305BOI5) by February 10, 2017.