ReNUWIt is a unique resource for its affiliate members, providing a collaborative environment whereby the expertise of members can be leveraged to develop better understanding of urban water management. Through collaborations on research, our industrial members are actively helping to translate ideas to practice.
Benefits of Membership
In addition to the opportunity to help guide fundamental research at our partner universities, the Industrial Affiliates Program provides its members with many other benefits including:
- Membership on the ReNUWIt Industrial Advisory Board (IAB).
- Early access to ReNUWIt Program research products prior to dissemination to the general public including access to facilities and instrumentation.
- Facilitated access to current and graduating ReNUWIt students for internships and employment from our four member universities.
- First-rights to license intellectual property generated at ReNUWIt, subject to our Intellectual Property Management Plan.
- On-location short courses by faculty, students and staff.
- Members-only access to our web site, containing accepted or submitted papers, annual progress reports, and knowledge bases of research advances.
- The opportunity to support a particular research thrust or topic above the level of membership dues.
In return, Industrial Affiliates are asked to:
- Meet as a group of IAB participants twice a year with ERC researchers during semi-annual reviews.
- Provide advice and recommendations on developing our strategic plan, reviewing our progress, and suggesting potential changes to education efforts.
- Critique the progress and direction of research thrusts including an annual “Strength, Weakness Opportunities, Threats” (SWOT) analysis for NSF.
Become a Member
Membership is open to any company, utility, government agency, or other organization that wants to contribute to our culture of innovation by helping to translate ideas from university research into professional practice.
To become an industrial member, contact Meabon Burns Research and Industrial Liaison Officer.
- Read the Industrial Members Program Description.
- Download the Industrial Membership Form.
- Read the Intellectual Property Management Plan.
The Industrial Affiliates Program adheres to the Stanford University Research Policy Handbook.